What We Believe
This is a Statement of Our Doctrine
- We believe that all of the Scriptures (66 books of the Bible) are the inspired Word of God, the product of holy men of old who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is infallible and the bottom line for reproof and doctrine. The scriptures are complete. No one is to add or take away from them.
2. We believe that there is only One True God revealed in three persons; Father, Son (Yeshua), and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
3. We believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ “Yeshua,” as God’s son, Jesus was both human and He was and is God. His life was sinless. He was the Lamb of God that took away the sin of the world. He is the ONLY way to eternal life.
4. We believe that man is fallen and needs redemption. Man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God, but through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world. The Bible says all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God, and There is none righteous, no, not one. (Rom. 3:10; 3:23).
5. We believe that every person can have restored fellowship with God through Salvation in Jesus Christ (accepting and receiving Christ’s offer of forgiveness for sin). A mans first step toward salvation is godly sorrow that worketh repentance. The New Birth is necessary to all men, and when experienced, produces eternal life.
6. We believe that water baptism by full immersion, is a direct commandment of our Lord, and is for believers only at an accountable age. Water Baptism is a symbol of the Christian’s identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection.
7. We believe that the Lords Supper, consisting of the elements, bread and fruit of the vine, it is the symbol expressing our sharing in a memorial to Jesus Christ suffering and death, and prophecy of His second coming, and is enjoined to all believers until He comes.
8. We believe the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. With it comes the infilling of power for life and service, and the bestowment of the gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry. This experience is distinct from and subsequent to the experience of the New Birth.
9. We believe that sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ like.
10. We believe that the church is the body and the bride of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of her great commission. Believers are an integral part of the Church, (The Called Out Ones) and their names are written in the Lambs Book of Life.
11. We believe in divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
12. We believe in the resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ and the translation with those who are alive and remain unto the Lord. The resurrection of the sleeping and the transforming of the living will occur before the wrath of God begins on the earth. (Revelation 14:14-16)
13. We believe in the Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His rule over the earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the establishment of universal peace.
14. We believe a final judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. The one who physically dies in his sins without faith in Jesus Christ for salvation is hopelessly and eternally lost in the lake of fire and, therefore, has no further opportunity of hearing the Gospel or repenting. The lake of fire is literal. It is eternal¯ and everlasting.¯
16. We believe and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people who have faith in Him for salvation. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. And so shall we forever be with the Lord!
17. We believe that there is an invisible spiritual world and that there are enemies of our souls led by Satan, the fallen angel. The life a Christian will experience and take part in the battle against the powers of darkness. We believe that the Christian has the resources of Jesus Christ our mediator, to protect us and to help us to overcome this enemy.